So, you guys, I have to tell you I first made this chili to impress my new boyfriend.
For those of you who know me, you know the kitchen isn’t my most favorite place to be, but I didn’t want him to know that just yet, and so I found this recipe and I went for it.
Turns out, it’s one of his favorites. And I don’t think he’s just saying that.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 medium Serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (28 oz) Whole30-compliant fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cup Beef Bone Broth or Whole30-compliant beef broth
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, Serrano chili, and garlic. Stir frequently and break up meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes or until meat is brown.
Next stir in the tomatoes with their juices, broth, sweet potato, peppers, chili powder, chipotle and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sweet potato is tender. This takes about 30 minutes.
And that’s it. Super easy. And super tasty. Let me know what you think.