I can’t get over how good this was. I really don’t think there is a way to mess this up and these measurements are guesses. I wasn’t planning on sharing this recipe, but it’s just too good not to!
What you’ll need:
- Chuck Roast 1.5lbs
- I packet of French Onion Soup (dry rub)
- 1 jar hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large yellow onion cut into quarters
- 8 carrots cut into thirds
- Small bag of red potatoes cut in half
- 1 stalk of celery cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Slow Cooker
What you’ll do:
- Marinate roast overnight in French Onion Soup rub, a 1/4 cup of hot pepper juice, salt, and pepper. Make sure to get both sides of roast covered.
- Place single layer of celery, onion, and carrots in bottom of crockpot.
- Place roast on top.
- Add remaining celery, onion, and carrots on top.
- Add potatoes
- Add hot peppers and remaining juice
- Add beef broth
- Place lid on securely and cook on low for 10 hours. (Try not to open the lid during cooktime.)
I sort of just dump everything inside and find a way to make it fit.
If you’re not a fan of spicy, you can grab a mild pepper instead, I just happen to like things with a little kick.
What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes?! I would love to try some out!